Simplicity is the ultimate sophisticationLeonardo da Vinci
- Christmas 2020 Home DecorIt’s officially December and the countdown to Christmas has begun. Last week I shared 10 Black Friday Sales for you to shop and I’m continually sharing stocking stuffers. But, what fun is wrapping gifts if you have no tree to put it under. Earlier this week, I shared my Christmas tree and a lot of you asked for details so keep reading for those! Disclaimer: My tree isn’t 100% done so I’ll make an updated post once it’s completed! The Tree: I already knew that I wanted a flocked Christmas tree, but it seems like I wasn’t the only one. Almost every store was sold out of them. I ended up finding my tree used, but I’ll leave a few links for similar trees below. The one that I have is made by Aleko and is the 8 foot, snow dusted holiday tree. It’s available on Amazon Prime so I’ll link that one as well. Click to Shop My Tree Shop Similar Trees Christmas Lights: Lights can be confusing because there are different shades, shaped and sizes. I wanted lights that were on the warmer side but didn’t like how “warm lights” looked so ended up getting the clear. I used 3 boxes of the 100 mini lights set. They’re only $2.99 at At Home Ornaments: All of my ornaments came from either Big Lots or At Home. At Home had a BOGO sale, so I grabbed the glitter white ornaments and the all blush ornaments from there. They were $3.99 each and came with 16 in the box. At Big Lots, the ornaments were 25% off and I found the pearl white ones ||my personal favorite! || in a set with the clear ornaments for $8. I also found a big set (of 28) for $15 that had gold and pink ornaments but I didn’t use them all. Accessories: I really wanted that snowy effect, and tried using microfiber dusters at first but I wasn’t pleased. I went to JoAnn’s Fabric Store and saw a fluffy feather boa and was instantly drawn to it. It was $9.99 but I had a 60% off coupon so got it for under $4. Michael’s also has the feather boa but it isn’t as fluffy and their coupon is only for 20% off. I’m going back to JoAnn’s to get another because I see a few gaps in the tree that I want to place the feathers in. I was able to cut the boa into smaller pieces so it made it easier to drape it like a garland. I The boa is 6 ft in total. I also got the ribbon from JoAnn’s and cut it into smaller pieces to make wrapping easier. I just tucked each end so that it looks like it’s being pulled throughout the tree. Any ribbon over 2 inches will work fine but try getting one with a wire so that it shapes easily. Wreaths: Hanging on my sliding doors are wreaths that I got from JoAnn’s Fabric Store for 50% off. I have them hanging by some satin pink ribbon that I got from Michael’s. That’s all the Christmas decor that I have up for now, but I’ll keep adding more throughout the month. If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments below! As Always, Stay Pretty
- My Amazon Prime Day Picks- 2020October 13-14 of this year are designated Amazon Prime Day! You’ll want to run over, as these deals won’t last long and there may be limited quantity! I have put together a list if my favorite deals and will share with you the links! Scroll down, and look for the “here” that it below the second picture. There you’ll find my entire list of finds! I’ll continue to update the list up until tomorrow so you won’t miss any deal items. Now hurry, time is ticking Cordless Vacuum |Click to Shop| Robot Vacuum |Click to Shop| Set of Pans |Click to Shop Carpet Cleaner |Click to Shop| Instant Pot |Click to Shop| You can shop all of my finds by clicking Here As Always, Stay Pretty
- At Home Pamper Day RoutineDisclaimer: Please note that Poised & Pretty is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Desperate times call for… stress relievers! One of my favorite ways to destress at the end of the week is by treating myself to an at-home pampering. Skincare: One of my favorite ways to start off my pamper day is skincare. You can even take this step to the next level by purchasing some luxury skincare items, but you can still follow this routine using drugstore products! Cleansing Oil or Balm Cleanser Microdermabrasion or Exfoliate Toner Essence Apply Booster (optional) Serum Apply Sheet Mask (or your favorite face mask) Eye Cream Moisturizer Sometimes I joke that it takes me just as long to get unready as it does to get ready. I really like to take my time when applying my skin products. I’ve noticed that when you slow down the process, it actually becomes therapeutic! Bubble Bath: If you really want to feel luxurious, then light a few candles, turn on some soothing music and run a bubble bath! If I’m taking a bubble bath, I love having a virgin mojito. I like to make this by slicing a few limes, finding some sweet watermelon slices, and snagging a few mint leaves. Throw them all in a wine glass and add cold sparkling mineral water, and you are in for a treat! Before you step out of the tub, be sure to shave your legs! Freshly shaven legs feels amazing on clean sheets! After you have washed and soaked a little, dry off and throw on a nice robe. I prefer silk robes because I get hot easily, but a thick plush robe is a must-have! DIY Pedi: My aunt owns a foot spa, and I had to have one! You run a little hot water in the basin and plug it into a power source. The spa will start up and feels just like the nail salon! It massages and warms your feet! I love scraping away the dead skin during this stage. Usually, I will add some bubbles and Epsom salt and grab my foot file to remove all of the dead skin from my feet. After your foot massage, you can even go the extra mile by painting your toes, but I just leave that to the professionals. Here is DIY Foot Scrub you can use to get baby soft feet: ¼ cup sugar ¼ cup salt ¼ cup baking soda A few drops of lavender or peppermint oil 1 tbsp coconut oil BONUS PAMPERING: After you have scrubbed and massaged your feet, apply a foot mask! Your feet will feel amazing! Massage: One Christmas when I was younger, my brother gifted my mom with a massage pad that attaches to virtually, any chair. I remember me and my siblings using it more than my mom ever did, but I always knew I wanted one once I got older. If you don’t have one yet, you have to purchase one! The massage bath that I ordered lays on any piece of furniture, but I prefer to lay it on across the couch so that I can watch tv while getting my back massaged. Cozy Slippers Hydrating Eye Patches Dewy Skin Sheet Mask Electric Rose Quartz Facial Roller Satin Silk Robe Foot Massage Spa Sweet Almond Bubble Bath Massage Pad Plush Robe Electric Foot File Hydrating Foot Socks I recommend adding at least one or two of these steps to your weekly routine whenever you’re feeling overwhelmed and would like a day to relax.
- 10 Things You Can Do to Keep You Busy While Social DistancingWe’re all in a weird place around the world right now. With everything shutting down, we find ourselves home with nothing to do or stressed and worried. One of the only ways to help time past and to lift our spirits is to KEEP BUSY! I have put together a list of things to keep you from going stir crazy from this quarantine, however long it’ll last. Learn A New Skill: If you’re anything like me, you can describe yourself as a jack of all trades. You’ll never know how useful it can be to learn a new talent, plus you can never have too many talents! Have you been wanting to learn to play the piano? Well, just go to YouTube and look up piano tutorials for beginners. Are you looking to save some money and do your nails at home? This is the perfect time to learn something new since we have a little bit more time on our hands and are limited in the places we are able to go! Thankfully, the internet is still up and running and we can literally google how to do practically ANYTHING! Write an E-Book: This is actually an idea that I am going to put to good use! I have been wanting to start an e-course on graphic and web design and am using this time to do so. The good thing about e-books is that they don’t have to be perfect, per-say, and they can be written in a short amount of time if you don’t take many breaks. I will be writing a blog post on how you can create your own e-book using Canva, soon! Practice Doing Your Makeup: Often times when I’m bored, I either find myself scrolling endlessly on Pinterest, looking at home décor blogs, or doing my makeup. When I’m doing makeup, I like to think of it as a therapeutic hobby. It is about the only time in the day that I have to myself and can take as long as I’d like to. Usually, I’m listening to a podcast or watching my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube. Since you most likely won’t be stepping foot outside of your house, you can use this time to try out looks that are out of your comfort zone and test your inner artist! Read A Book: With the advancement of technology, a lot of us forget what it’s like to sit outside on the porch, enjoying a new book! If you aren’t a fan of reading, you can try listening to an audiobook. I can’t remember the last time that I was able to finish a book (that I wasn’t required to read), but with Audible, you are able to do tasks around the house while listening to your favorite book. Pamper Day: Right now, a lot of us are experiencing stress and anxiety. One of the best ways to combat these things is to take a day to force yourself to relax. I promise you won’t get behind on anything if you just allow yourself one day of rest. Who cares if you sleep the entire day, you need it! Try buying some candles, Epsom salt, and bubble bath from the store! Run yourself a hot bubble bath and light some candles and just enjoy the ambiance! I am such a huge fan of bubble baths at the end of a long week! They help to relax your muscles and you come out feeling so carefree! Do Yoga: I have never tried yoga before, but I plan on purchasing a few at-home workout equipments from Amazon so that I can get into it! Once I get myself on a schedule, I plan on sneaking in a yoga session early in the mornings to help alleviate any built-up stress so that I can tackle the day! Try New Recipes: This is one of my favorite things to do when I’m stuck in the house. Usually, I go to Pinterest, of course, to find new recipes. I absolutely love Asian cuisine, and enjoy trying to make my favorite dishes at home! Not only will this help you stay on track if you have any plans to lose weight this year, but it’ll also help you save money! Clean and Organize Your Home: On the first day of the quarantine, I helped my sister go through old clothes and find stuff around the house that she wasn’t using anymore. We were able to declutter and organize A LOT, plus this kept us busy all day. If you have a smaller household or are already organized, try just simple spring cleaning! A lot of us don’t deep clean, we just clean surfaces. Try pulling everything out of your cabinets, cleaning the items, sanitizing the cabinets and getting rid of any dust! Binge Watch a Show on Netflix: If I’m looking for a really good series to watch, I typically check out Netflix first. To get you started, I’ll list a few of my favorites of all time! All American Good Girls F is for Family The Ranch Big Mouth The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez Between I am a Killer The People v O.J. Simpson 13 Reasons Why Try New Beauty Products: Have you ever heard anyone say that you should never try new beauty products when you have somewhere to go? If not, then I’ll be the first to tell you, DON’T DO IT! My favorite time to try new products is when I know that I Won’t have to rush Will have enough time to start over if the product looks bad Can just stay home if I have a bad reaction to a new product Remember to stay home to protect not only your loved ones, but mine too! You may feel as if the you’re being held captive, but I promise we’ll get through it together I just wanted to say that I hope you all are staying safe out there and are keeping […]
- Reflecting on the Month of March: Goal Tracker & UpdatesWe all can agree that 2020 started out okay, and has slowly been going downhill with the spread of the Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that COVID-19 and its effects on our independence have caused me to stray away from the goals that I set for myself this year. I started out the month of March having lost 12 pounds, but I noticed that in the past two weeks, I have gained 2 pounds. I mean, yes, it could be worse; but, I would like to continue to lose weight through dieting since the gyms aren’t likely to open soon. Anyways, here is my monthly recap, plus my plans to change for the future! What do I need to start doing: For this month ahead, I plan on becoming more organized. I created a 30-day content calendar so that I can write multiple blog posts in one sitting, allowing me extra time during the week to study and do schoolwork. Converting to online classes has been a struggle, and I don’t want to slack off, so I will be dedicated my weekends to getting ahead on schoolwork, and leaving the weekdays to study and review. As a hobby, my sister and I have been using Doordash to deliver food. This allows us to get some fresh air and not go stir crazy from being in the house 24/7. We have been going for a few hours every day, and I plan on saving up this money to go towards the deposit for my new apartment! What do I need to do more of? In my last reflection post, I talked a lot about budgeting and saving up. I also addressed my desire to procrastinate less and learn new recipes so that I won’t rely on fast food as often. If you checked out my Amazon Haul post, you will notice that I purchased a 10 pack of glass containers to help me with meal prepping and organizing food in the fridge so that cooking at home will not become overwhelming. Now, while I have been getting better at testing out new recipes, I have been struggling with consistency. I slacked off after the start of self-quarantine but I am determined to get back on track towards weight loss. What do I need to do less of? Surprise, Surprise… I still need to work on procrastinating. Now that I’m at home the majority of the time, I need to create a schedule to keep me busy and ahead of everything. I plan on using my planner more. I was doing well with planning for a few weeks, but for some reason, I stopped and haven’t started back. When I’m in the house I need to do less of sitting around and start incorporating some type of workout into my routine. The gyms probably won’t open again for another month, but I still need to remain active! What do I need to stop doing? These past few weeks, my sleep schedule has been drug through the mud. I haven’t had 8 hours of sleep since before spring break. I need to stop staying up late (watching Full House) because I’ve noticed that when I am up later, I get hungry and tend to snack (which is a no-no right before bed). What have I achieved? While weight loss was at a plateau, I was able to keep off 10 of the 12 pounds that I lost, so I believe I should be celebrating! I have been doing well at saving up and will be placing my deposit for my new apartment soon! Sorry if I have been posting sporadically over the last few weeks. I need to create a schedule to keep me focused while self-quarantined. My dog, Skyye, also had puppies, so I’ve been spending time with her and making sure that her babies are nice and healthy! I have another post for tomorrow and Saturday, so be on the lookout! P.S. I am playing around with the layout of my blog posts, so you may see that my next few blog posts vary a bit. I will continue to move items around & add/remove other items until I get my desired look. Hopefully, this won’t bother you too much!